Monday 29 November 2010

Kelp crisps

Leo doesn't eat much junk food (yet) but I thought I'd treat him to some home made crisps...made from seaweed.

I hung a few fronds of kelp on the line to dry for a day (and they did dry, despite the rain), then deep fried them, as per the instructions in John Wright's book:



I have sampled numerous crisps in my time, and I can safely say that Kelp crisps are the longest I have ever tasted.

They are also the worst.

Leo actually asked if he could try some (yes, a 2 year old asked to eat an unknown food that wasn't made of chocolate or fish fingers).  I said no and threw the rest in the bin.  That's how bad it is. 

I might be dead tomorrow... Never mind Leo - there are plenty of beans in the cupboard above the microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment